Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Songs I Could Do Without Hearing Ever Again

James Blunt - You're Beautiful : I'm not a fan of many of the newish folk type singers. This song is just annoying as is Mr. Blunt's voice. Yet they gave this man a Grammy? Why? Was it for Most Annoying Song ever?

John Mayer - Daughters: This song just baffles me with it's lameness. I actually think it's interchangable with the James Blunt song in styles.

Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying: I don't need depressing songs in my life. They play this song every damn day on WSHH in Pittsburgh, the only station I get decent reception off at the office that plays semi-tolerable music. Sadly this song is not part of the semi-tolerable spectrum. It's part of the "Make me slash my wrists" spectrum though.

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance: Another inspirational song I could do without. At least this one isn't as depressing as the Tim McGraw, but still I could do without hearing it a zillion times daily.

Carly Simon - You're So Vain: The clouds in her coffee get on my nerves. And why can't she fess up to who she wrote the song about? If they already have a swelled head, maybe learning this song is about them will make it explode.

Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest: Sheryl should be arrested for what she did to this song.

Rod Stewart - Your Song: Why is he covering Elton John? Where is this song from and can we please make the radio station from hell stop with it. I love the original. I even like Rod, except when he's really murdering some great classic songs, but this is awful.

Shania Twain - I Feel Like A Woman: Erm...Shania, you are a woman! Now stop singing about it. Come to think about it, stop singing period.

Faith Hill - This Kiss: I have a gripe with country/pop. Not that it's bad. This song is cute the first 300 times, after that it's just another tired pop song.

The Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun: One word, ARGH! This song still brings me trauma whenever I hear it. It has to do with Metropol playing it every Saturday during their 80's night. Someone "Hang The DJ!"

Duran Duran - All She Wants Is: This song, by one of my favorite bands, caused me much trauma as a child. No, I lie, the video caused me much trauma. Either way, every time I hear this song I cringe.

Madonna - Hung Up: Seriously Maddy, this song is enough to make me puke. You should hang up your career if you keep up with this kind of music. It takes cheesy to a new low, and this is coming from a person that likes cheesy.

James Taylor - Fire and Rain: This song has just been played to death for me. Now, don't get me wrong, James Taylor is fantastic. He's a wonderful songwriter, but when a song gets played into the ground...well that's about it for me. However, I do love the Christmas CD he did for Hallmark a few years back.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



0 comments: