Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 73

From those music lovin' ladies at Music Memoirs

What's your favorite way to listen to music on a hot summer day?

Preferrably somewhere air conditioned! Another way I like to enjoy my music is with the windows down driving somewhere fabulous, like Atlantic City. Of course any beach will do.

Do you have any music that you like to listen to more in the summer than any other time of the year?

I've always listened to Sgt Pepper more during the summer months. I dont' really know why. Eric Clapton was another good artist for summer soundscapes. I think in general I liked to revisit a lot of my albums from the mid to late 60's. Maybe it was the summer of love vibe of the music. I don't know, but I do tend to listen to that era more in hot summer months. I guess I'll be breaking out Days Of Future Passed. (Though really this one should be a Christmas type CD...as it reminds me of a potential ghost for Ebeneezer Scrooge. I'm the ghost of Days of futur passed!!!)

Do you see more concerts in the summer? And if so what type of venues do you prefer to see those shows?

Most of my concerts seem to occur between June and Oct, much to my chagrin. Why? Because I hate outdoor venues. When it's a sweltering 90+ degrees out and you're concert venue is a parking lot next to a train track...let me tell you, you can really get sick, especially when the seats seem like they are only about 2-5 inches a part. I prefer to see my concerts in a nice air conditioned venue. Now if only more bands would come to Pittsburgh this summer!

0 comments: