Sunday, September 25, 2005

140 + Pictures Later

To say that I'm a bit of a picture whore is probably a bit of an understatement. My Easy Share Z740 took 140 pictures, my CX6200 took at least 30 and I got one shot from my camera phone, just to see how well it worked.

We went to Ohiopyle State Park today, which is in the Laurel Highlands. It's an absolutely beautiful part of the state with loads of places to stop and take in the beauty. Sadly it was hazy today which didn't do much for our photos on the scenic overlook, but we did get a few shots which I hope I can enhance with Photo Shop.

We had the same problem with haze when we were in Atlantic City. It seems like Mr. Blue Sky is avoiding us at all times.

At the park we saw both the Cucumber Falls (which I hadn't seen before) and the main falls which are on the Youghiogheny River. Along with the water pictures (And we know that water is one of my favorite things), I also got some lovely shots of the area and of the bike trail that runs through the park.

It was a wonderful day, full of long walks and many photo opportunities and good eats. We had hamburgers and onion rings at the snack shop at the park and after we went on our 4 mile walk on the trail we drove to Connellsville and had pizza and cheese fries at Bud Murphy's Sports Bar.



Doesn't that BBQ chicken pizza look yummy?



And mmmmm, cheese fries!

And lastly here's a picture of the main falls. I'll get some pictures up on my photoblog shortly.

0 comments: