Wednesday, February 16, 2005

In the mood for a giggle

Sometimes you just need a chuckle. Today is one of those wet, cold and icky days that require some extra effort to laugh. I could pull out my DVD of the Reading Moody Blues show and watch Justin give Graeme Edge dirty looks as he Riverdances, bumps and grinds and chicken dances across the stage, but that would just give me concert depression.

And if I watch the Maryland DVD, John's in head to toe leather, I'll end up comatose. (I have to go to work at 3, so that's not an option)

Instead, I'm opting for funny songs. Ok, maybe not funny songs, but lighthearted songs that will brighten my day.

You know songs like:

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Any of Justin Hayward's pre-Moodies songs. Something about London Is Behind Me, Day Must Come, I'll Be Here With You Tomorrow and Can't Face The World Without You always brighten my day.

(I can post these for anyone that didn't nab them from the old This Morning site before it went down)

Justin wrote some good cheesy 60's pop!

He still writes some good cheesy pop. (Don't Need A Reindeer)

But back to Justin's early stuff, I absolutely love Fly Me High from Prelude. I can't remember what it was the B-side of, but it's so cute to hear Justin sing Whoops!

The first time I heard that one I doubled over in laughter. Almost as much as when I first heard him on BBC 2's Jammin' show. Something about Justin singing like Justin from The Darkness, and changing the lyrics to Forever Autumn, just has to make you grin and giggle.

Suddenly I'm feeling a bit happier. Just thinking about that Jammin' episode brings a smile to my face. Now if only Lodgey would do something silly, life would be complete for a moment or two.

0 comments: