Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Tuesday Afternoon

No, it's not, but I woke up and my body sensed it was Tuesday straightaway, so that song promptly took up residence in my brain. Don't you love when that happens? I'm lucky it's not something worse. I usually get the most undesirable songs stuck in my head. You know, songs by boy bands and generally undesirable female singers.

Two bloggers I've read in the past, and still do read, had music on their blogs. Thanks to them, I had a Mandy Moore song and a Christina Aguilera song running around in my head. Not exactly the songs I want to be humming as I walk down the street.

The sad thing is, you can't choose what gets stuck in your head, it just happens that way. I once had a lovely Moody Blues song reside in my head. In fact, some of the lyrics are scrolling at the top of the blog. The song is called Lovely to See You. There's something extremely polite about Mr. Hayward's lyrics.

Another song that's dwelled in my brain for days at a time is Man Out Of Time. Yeah the song that my novel was originally titled after.

What part was stuck?

"Love was always scarpering or cowering or fawning. You drink yourself insensitive and hate yourself in the morning"

Thanks Elvis, I needed that. (Elvis Costello, in case any of you didn't know)