Sunday, January 18, 2004

The Weekend From Hell

It is really bad when the only entertainment worth watching is the Carol Burnett and Friends marathon on TV Land. Not that I find that a bad thing, I loved those old variety shows, like Sonny and Cher and Laugh In. (and yes, I got the humor in Laugh In, even though I wasn't born until 1974)

Forgive me, the 60's are a time of fascination for me, they always have been. Makes me want to watch Monkees episodes now. (Only I don't think some of my tapes have held up since the 80's when they were on Mtv)

While I was guzzlefishing, I realized that I was missing a few Monkees CDs; 3 to be exact and another box set. Why did Rhino put out another box set when it already had "Listen to the Band?" Ah..anything to make more money. Wish they were that attentive to Mr. Costello's reissues!

Anyhow, I'm missing 2 volumes of Missing Links cds and the live cd from 1967. GAH! You know these will be a bitch to find. Not even BMG can help me there.

On a happy note, I'm finally getting Martin Gore and Dave Gahan's last cds. Yup, the Moody Blues took over before I could buy Counterfeit 2 and Paper Monsters. I ordered them from BMG this week, and happy day, I'm only paying shipping on Paper Monsters!! Squee!

There are still a dozen or so cds I need to buy. Hopefully someday I'll get around to it. I haven't got any of the Delerium cds yet, but at least I have several mp3s. I also need to complete my collection of Enigma discs. So much music I want, and so little time or money to find and purchase it.

Why am I droning on about this? Because yesterday when I was supposed to be seeing Big Fish, we had a small winter storm. A few inches of snow followed by some sleet and freezing rain and then some more snow! Yippee! Grrrrr.

So essentially I wasted my day between playing on the internet and reading Dreamcatcher. (I'm almost at page 500 be proud) Yesterday was so damn boring, and I couldn't even work on Man Out of Time, because my brain wasn't into it.

Today I'm going to strive to get a few things done. (maybe) I'm at least going to work on the story for a bit. Who knows maybe I'll get around to making a few mix cds.

0 comments: