Friday, January 16, 2004

Secondary Randomness

So many things to ponder so little time.

01. A romance writer that hails from Pittsburgh, Melanie Clarke, I think her name was, is going to marry the Oracle software tycoon. She's 34 he's 58. And people tell me to give up my pipe dreams of marrying a rich old fart! HA!

02. The first new track by all five members of Duran Duran will appear on the Queer Eye Soundtrack. Why am I not surprised?

03. Aaron and Nick Carter's mother was arrested for assault the other day. (tries to contain mirth) Get this, she broke into her husband's home and attacked his girlfriend while they slept. A little bit of prozac or zoloft is needed here. No, methinks something much stronger maybe.

04. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is apparently so hard up to review "good" music that they are now resorting to reviewing import titles. In this mornings magazine section, Ed Masley reviewed the third singles box set of Elvis Costello. This little box clocks in at about $52.00. Geezy Creezy, I hope he got his for free!

05. I still haven't seen Big Fish, have I mentioned this? Have I mentioned that everytime I think I'm going to be able to go see it, the weather does something nasty. Freezing rain is in the cards for tomorrow. ARGH!

06. Made the Costello mix CD for Moody Mistress and neglected to make one for myself. Why do I always do this?

07. Still pondering a Best of Moody Blues solo compilation as well as the Beatles, but I think there's no way I could get it down to 2 CDs each for either band. (Oh and wait..I have very little Lennon or Starr solo material)

08. Michael Jackson appears in court. Oh hell, the man is a nutcase. I seriously think they should be looking at his mental health and stop trying to put him in jail. I don't think jail is where he belongs, a mental institution is more like it. You only have to listen to him to know that something isn't right in his head.

09. Eddie Izzard's web page wins Yahoo's Peoples choice award. The link is in my links table at the side. Take a look. It's really worth your time, and you'll get a giggle!

10. Cyndi Lauper is touring for her new CD, At Last. Do you think she'll come to Pittsburgh? If you guessed no, you get a cookie!

0 comments: