Thursday, September 13, 2018

Sharing Recipes

Sometimes I feel really sad that I have no one in my family to share recipes with. I didn't start cooking until I was in my 30s, because my mom didn't like anyone touching her old Tappan range. (Oh how I loved that big ole monster)

I quickly inherited her love for cooking. (Though I have a strong hatred for cleanup) But there are no family members to pass down recipes to anymore.

Its just like holiday cookies.

When my father was alive, cookies brought him so much joy. In his last year of life, if I couldn't bake them, I had to buy them. It didn't matter what kind they were, he wanted cookies!

Now that he's gone, a batch of cookies don't seem to get eaten.

I have no motivation for cookies.

I have no one that will say, I love what you made, can I have the recipe. I really does make me sad sometimes, especially as I love trying new things.

0 comments: