Monday, November 24, 2014

It is hard to blog with a broken heart

I'm trying to remember all the wonderful things about my father.

Here are some things everyone should know about him.

1. He was silly.

2. He was a great fix it man, hence our having Cheryl the Chevy, well into the 80s.


3. He was a loving and devoted husband.

4. His little girl loved him very much. (Bet you didn't guess that)

5. He was a animal lover and was the one that brought the first cat into the house


6. He served in the coast guard during WWII


There are so many things I want to say about him...from the time he left quarters on the floor of my room....daily...so I could buy my first CD player...to our trips out to eat. He loved the pot pie at Rock Bottom Brewery (he liked the beer too) and at Cheddars...He loved Starbucks coffee and dancing the polka. He loved Les Miserables, especially Master Of The House.

When I took him to his blood doctor, it was like a party. The nurses were so nice to him and he got to eat cookies and drink Pepsi or Boost and then we'd stop at Dairy Queen on the way home.

We did so much together,my dad and I. He took me on the Superdooperlooper at Hershey Park and the flume rides.

There are so many memories. So much love....and it hurts so bad to know that he's gone from me forever.

Taking care of him,wasn't always easy. I wasn't always pleasant, and neither was he..but he was my dad, and as he always said, I was his daughter.

And you just can't blog with a broken heart.

3 comments:

Linda said...

It is heartbreaking to lose a parent, but I'm glad you did this tribute. Hoping you keep all those good memories in your heart.

Love, Mom

Diane said...

You are a wonderful, selfless daughter, Andrea. Thank you for sharing your dad with us through your tribute.

Bilbo said...

It was thoughts like these that helped me to get over the loss of my mother 13 years ago ... remembering the good and loving things she did and the sort of person she was. The pain goes away slowly, but the good memories will stay with you forever.