Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Something Healthy? That Might Taste Good?

Ok, I've been trying to find things that taste good but don't pack on the pounds, because these days I'm a little more rounded than I want to be.

I blame stress and my love for food. (All kinds of food)

I found a recipe for a Pineapple Smoothie that looks nummy.

1 cup skim milk


4 oz canned pineapple tidbits in juice

1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)

Handful of ice

Place milk, canned pineapple in blender, add of ice, and whip for 1 minute. Transfer to glass and stir in flaxseed oil.

I'm not sure how I feel about the flaxseed oil, but hey it might be worth a try. Anyone out there brave enough to try this before me?

1 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I love anything with pineapple in it... Never had flaxseed oil... not sure where to get it from... health food shop? Might be something I'd try (with lactose-free milk though).

I like making my own homemade banana milkshake :) Haven't made any in a while.