Monday, May 17, 2010

This Makes No Sense

When I was filling out the paperwork for my car the other day they told me that because I live in PA there wouldn't be a penalty if I paid off my loan early. I asked this because I like to pay more on my debt whenever I have the money. It makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is that any financial institution would penalize you for paying off your debt in a shorter term than originally stated.

WTF is up with that?

That's kind of wrong.

In a day and age when more people are defaulting on loans everyone should be happy to get things paid off.

Penalties for paying off a loan early.

That's just nuts!

6 comments:

rashbre said...

I had that with a UK car loan once; there was an extra penalty for early repayment. Seemed very odd. I left £1 in the account until he final due date.

Janelle said...

Whatever will get them more money.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

They make more MONEY out of you if you pay it off over the whole time, that's why! Yes, it's madness... :(

Mike said...

Never heard of that for a car. But you definatly have to watch out for that on a house loan.

Molly Bandit said...

Same thing happened with my student loans. I was very confused when they reassured me I wouldn't be faulted for making extra payments if I wanted.

Deirdre said...

I don't understand that either.