Friday, January 29, 2010

Top 5 On Friday Week 228



Top 5 one hit wonders


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts: This was probably one of the cheesiest songs from the 80s but I always found myself bebopping around the house when it came one.



2. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen: No one hit wonder list is complete without this song! Its another 80s gem!



3. Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's: I've never understood why this song was the only hit for this band. The lead singer was easy on the eyes and they had some pretty good songs too!



4. Tal Bachman - She's So High: Ok, this guys failure to get another hit is wrong. Uh look at his name? You know Bachman Turner Overdrive...yeah...he's Bachman's son. OMG why didn't he do better. Oh yeah, he's good, so he can't make it big.



5. Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes): These were pretty much a bunch of guys out to make one hit and then create another band to do the same. I adore the cheesy goodness of this one.

0 comments: