Monday, November 02, 2009

Missing Mondays


I skipped a few week of this one, most because Monday mornings are evil for me. What am I missing this week?

A movie theater in my town.

For a good part of my growing up we had one theater in town, The Coyle Theater. It down by McDonalds in my hamlet of Charleroi On Mon. When I was little there was another theater closer to my end of town. The State. I believe I saw the first Star Wars movie there.

By 1981 both theaters were closed, but a few years later, The Coyle reopened. Not for very long, because the idiot running it the second time around didn't like to spend money on advertising, and you never knew what was playing or the times.

I saw so many movies at The Coyle; Dirty Dancing, The Goonies, ET and so many Disney films.

It was so nice to be able to walk downtown and see a movie. Now the closest theater to me is about 25 miles away in either Washington or West Mifflin. If I'm going to shell out an arm and a leg for movie I like it to be closer to me than that.

They are working to reopen the theater, much like they have in places like Uniontown or Greensburg. Here's an updated story about The Coyle

0 comments: