Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Moody Blues - The One

This song from Strange Times has baffled me from the first moment I heard it. It's a John Lodge track and I'm wondering who he was thinking of when he wrote it. As far as I know there's been no mention of the inspiration for this track written about anywhere on the web. Of course, when it comes to Lodgey, they only want to bitch about Words You Say and discuss Isn't Life Strange or ask him about Nights In White Satin, which as any good fan knows, he didn't freakin' write!

Have a listen:



It's funny, as I listen to it now it makes me think of Pattie Boyd and her horrid biography, Wonderful Tonight/Today (depending on your country). Of course its not about her. At least I don't think it is, because I don't think Pattie's ever fallen from grace.

This song does make me wonder though, and heaven forbid any DJ or other interviewer ask them questions about newer material. That would just be appalling, because as we all know music made by classic artists after their hey days are through, just isn't worth a mention.

ARGH!

0 comments: