Sunday, May 13, 2007

One More Weekend Like This...

~ And I think I'll explode...Here's a recap.

Saturday:

1. Every twig that belongs to Jack's Total Fitness was there from 10:30 til noon to make me feel highly inadequate. I don't know how anyone can live on greens and water, because that's all these skinny wenches must eat to look like that. So I've had a "I'm a fat cow" complex all weekend. (Oh and no...the Gym Hottie wasn't there)

2. My brother and his wife came to visit from Canton. Usually his visits are fun, but today just was mayhem.

3. Dad went off in one of his fits of temper at dinner that made everyone go WTF! His selective deafness from years of working in Steel Mills and at Corning Glass really makes life interesting, because he got pissy over absolutely nothing.

4. Cabin fever was at an all time high. No I didn't go to the Susan Werner concert for these 2 reasons.

a. Gas costs too damn much for a trip into Pittsburgh.
b. Bernie the Beretta has been acting strange.

Sunday:

1. Had the Mother's Day Spat with mom over absolutely nothing. The best part of the spat was...SHE STARTED IT! Because I was griping over the fact that I can't afford to go anywhere right now, which led to me saying I need to get away from these 4 walls, which is thus interpreted as I only think of myself and I'm selfish because it's mother's day and I don't love her at all.

ARGH!

2. Went for lunch/dinner at Sweeney's Cafe and Pub...only to find they were only serving a Mother's Day Buffet today. Weeee. Mom's Day dinner kicked my budget in the ass. Nope mom...I don't love ya, that's why you got a $16.00 dinner from a girl that's broke! (Yeah..that sounds selfish..but I'm out trying to make a point)

3. Bought her a Sweet Tea from McDonald's...and guess what? She spills the whole thing on the dining room table. Thankfully it didn't get on the nephew's laptop. I could only imagine what would happen then. Yikes!

What next I ask? No I don't want to know. If I weren't so concerned about getting bills paid off, I swear I would rent a car and run away next weekend to just about anywhere.

On a happier note...I bought this today...and planted it in the front yard.

0 comments: