Saturday, August 26, 2006

The mall and then some

I decided that today was going to be the day when I went shopping for a few vacation clothes. I mean what fun would vacation be if I didn't buy a few things for the trip?

I was looking forward to saying a fond farewell to Kaufmann's at Washington Crown Center, only to find I was too late.



The signs for the takeover had already gone up. I should have known that they would be there considering I already had my Macy's charge card. I wept for the loss of 100 years of shopping that were done in the stores throughout the Pittsbugh area. Macy's had a good sale though, so I spent 20 bucks on some tops for my trip.

After a futile search for cute things at Dots, the nephew (the older one this time) and I went to Garfield's for dinner.



This margarita was probably the best part of my day. It was made with Margaritaville mix and cranberry. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

And if that weren't enough, after I spent money that I don't have at the mall, we went to Rita's for a Gelati!



A Gelati is italian ice (in this case raspberry) and frozen custard of the vanilla variety. Yum. Yum. Yum.

It was a very tasty day indeed.

0 comments: