Monday, May 16, 2005

Random Ten

I'm recapping my weekend musically for you, care of the meme at Music Memoirs

Madonna - Causing a Commotion
The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Duran Duran - Rio
Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
The Moody Blues - The Voice
Simon & Garfunkel - The 59th St Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
Billie Myers - Kiss The Rain
Arcadia - Say The Word

Now before I post the picture, let me explain why some of these songs are on my weekend playlist, because they certainly don't go together.

From Madonna to Fleetwood Mac were songs that were played at Joe's Crab Shack when we were eating there, BTW I highly recommend the crab cakes if you go there.

Duran Duran was playing in Bessemer Court after one of the dancing fountain performances.

As for Suzanne Vega, there's a restaurant called Tom's Diner in the South Side. Every time I see it, that song pops in my head.

The Moody Blues? Do I need an excuse? No, I didn't think so, but I'll give you one anyway. We were listening to Long Distance Voyager on the way home from Pittsburgh and talking about that song.

The Simon and Garfunkel song is here because my nephew doesn't want to be a hippy because he'd have to say things like groovy.

The Billie Myers is on here because at work there is an awful cover of that song on one of our cds, and I desperately needed to hear the original.

Arcadia is on here because I was reading that they are planning a singles box of the bands singles and Say The Word is a quasi rarity.

Now for my picture.


My drink from Joe's Crab Shack. Posted by Hello

Here's the zip of all 10 songs.

0 comments: