Monday, December 20, 2004

Do the Christmas Music Mambo!

Once again, I bring you my music meme, straight from BDI. This week it's all about Christmas Music. So come on now, who wants to mambo with me?

"And So Happy Christmas"

1. What are your 5 favorite "traditional" holiday songs?
O Holy Night - Especially if it's sung by Michael Crawford
What Child Is This - The Moody Blues should learn more than one verse though
Angels We Have Heard On High
The Coventry Carol
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Erasure did a nice version of this one.
When A Child Is Born

2. What are your favorite "contemporary" holiday songs?
The Moody Blues - Don't Need A Reindeer
XTC - Thanks For Christmas
Annie Haslam - It Snows In Heaven Too
Elvis Costello w/the Cheiftains - St Stephen's Day Murders

3. What holiday song makes you cringe everytime you hear it?
John Lennon's Happy Xmas (War is Over)
It's not the song, it's Yoko screeching at the end. Her voice makes my ears bleed. And she's another example of love being blind and deaf!

4. What is the weirdest holiday song you've ever heard?
Merry Christmas From The Family - Jill Sobule. It's so weird and it's so true, making it scary! She did a video for it as well and it's a hoot.

5. How many Holiday CDs are in your collection? And what is your favorite?

Too many! At least 10 or more. OK, more than that because I have a box set that I picked up at a discount store thats 5 discs of music. (I bought it to have a copy of Handel's Messiah)

And now for my favorites.



Don't Need A Reindeer can be found on this one.



His version of When A Child Is Born is simply beautiful.



Annie's voice is simply beautiful. I constantly thank Justin Hayward (In my mind, of course) for letting her do his song, The Angels Cry. (and doing backing vocals and guitar on the track) If not for him, I would have missed out on this talented lady's wonderful music.

Merry Christmas from the Mambo creator!

Elf

Rockettes

0 comments: