Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Paying for the Crimes of Paris

I'm so sick of doing that. Let Paris pay for their own crimes I say! I'm sick of being an everyday girl in an everyday mess! Though one thing for sure..I'm not tough and transparent as armored glass...

Ok, yes I was listening to Blood and Chocolate and yes...Crimes of Paris is one of my fav songs from that record. I couldn't help the pun. It was inevitable. I think my lack of dsl is helping to pay for the crimes of Paris though. I still don't have my connection, which means I can't work on my story. I'm so not amused.

The only thing this lack of using my HP is good for...Making Mix CDS...I've posted a few more mixes at the Art of the Mix and of course at the Certifiable Wenches Mix CD Group. A girls gotta have something to do, right?

Oh...and yesterday on Vh-1 Classic..I saw a video for Led Zep's Thank You. I was flabbergasted. I have only heard the version Duran Duran did up until this point. Duran Duran, covered that song WELL! Very well actually. I'm proud of them! I wasnt' fond of much of that album. Their cover of Watching the Detectives makes me cringe. At first I liked it. I actually liked it better than Elvis' version. What was I thinking? I guess it was the frame of mind I was in. I was in a Duran mood...from 92-98...Elvis didn't take over til about 2001 again.

I go through listening spurts with my music. Though most everything makes it's way back to the cd player after awhile. Oddly after making a few of the mix cds for Squirt, I've been itching to listen to Duran Duran..and Paul McCartney. I put Hey Jude...and Mistress and Maid on one of her cds..I'm in a Pauly kind of mood.

I also found a good radio station! Wootness...104. something or other. It's a Connellsvile station, and it plays Classicish rock..I heard Elvis Costello's Veronica...Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes....Madonna...Holiday...among others. I can tolerate listening to the radio. How about that? It's a freaking miracle! Oh and yesterday Abba's Take a Chance on Me was on!!

I'm so easily amused...

0 comments: