Sunday, November 24, 2002


For the moment..Today's topic is... Random Rants..and Musical Musings

First rant is the usual..I'm not getting enough Greg Proops goodness in my life..A girl can only wait so long to see her Pookie Proopsie Pie. Thankfully my friend Erin has given me a vhs of V/S goodness..mind you..I've never watched V/S before..I missed out on that show..cos it was on at times that didn't work well with my work schedule..When it was first on..I didn't even know who Greg Proops was...by the time I got hip to him..V/S was gone... such is my luck.

On a happy note..one of my kittens made a lovely collage and I'm now using it as the group picture over at Ocelots. So feel free to check it out..

Second rant..Friends that just don't act like friends anymore..I have this friend..who will remain nameless..but I've known her since I was in 6th grade...and she has a job which gives her alot of overtime...which I understand..but considering we've been friends for ages..and we both have email addys etc..you would think that she would send an email every now and then...NO..she wouldn't do that..

When I was having problems a month or so back..she invited me to stay for the weekend...and I agreed, needing to get away from life in general. So when she comes to pick me up..she has a friend with her..that I didn't know..and well proceeds to not care what about my feelings for the rest of the weekend...When he leaves..she calls her friend Beth...who I like..very sweet person..but again..Beth's feelings etc....take precendence over mine..and we end up in a bar...yippie skippy...I got 1 drink the whole night and a sandwich at primantis...I'm so fucking thrilled. I also got my first glimpse of the Tiki Lounge..which they wouldn't take me to...Likely cos I would have enjoyed myself there...but wait it gets better..she gets a raise..and hops a plane and takes her new boyfriend to NYC...last weekend.. she can't call me and say hello..or send me an email..but if I was any of her other friends..she'd do anything...lend money..etc..suffice to say I'm pissed off at her right now..

Ah..now that I've got that rant out of my system..on to the next one..

I spent half the morning sorting out the tag messenger..only for it to go down..today..!! I was so excited about this..finally got it up on my page..where everything looks all right and nice..and it's down for maintenance or summat!!! Sniff..I wanted to have a new toy!!! WAH!!!

now onto my musical musings for today..

I've found that if left alone long enough I will pull out all my unlabeled cdrs and play them..at least once..however scary the outcome might be..So far I've listened to Duran Duran..Erasure..Oingo Boingo..Semisonic..Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney today at some point...

What do I have in the stereo right now...Elvis Costello's Unplugged...don't know yet if it's the Pluggelectric boot or Unplugged and Unshaven..a minute ago I was listening to Boingo at the Whiskey in 1980...Yup..the music whore is having mood swings today..I'm still so very tired..I was cleaning for the better part of the day..so music is the only thing keeping me going right now..

I was buying cds and stuff again..yesterday..acquired the new matchbox twenty cd but was unable to find George Harrison's Brainwashed. I've loved George Harrison since I was a little girl...and his passing has affected me like no other celebrity..The world doesn't truly understand what they've lost..now that he's gone..

Until tomorrow ....when I will have more of Man Out of Time for You...

0 comments: