My house is a mess, and I can't seem to get myself motivated to do much in the way of cleaning. I just look at everything and feel overwhelmed. There's laundry growing, my piggy bank broke and there's loose change all over the floor and I have no place to put it.
For the last 3 weeks I've been running around to hospitals, dealing with surgeries, procedures and almost surgeries. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster or a merry go round and I simply can't get off.
Right now, all I want is to be left alone.
I can't even read, right now. My mind isn't concentrating on books, and that sucks, because reading is my only joy.
Oh and I'd really like to enjoy music again. It isn't that I haven't had to review some good stuff, because I have. Seriously, hunt down Twinkle Trax and listen to You Cannae Shove Your Granny Off The Bus, it's good for the stress levels.
Top 5 musical things that you associate with summer
1. Concerts: Summer is the best time to see a show. It is a shame, I won't be able to see any this year. Too many health problems and not enough money.
2. Road trips: What is summer without road trips? And when you take a road trip, you have to have music!
3. Power Pop: I have to admit I play bands like Cheap Trick and Fountains of Wayne much more in the summer. It is shiny happy fun music!
4. Mix CDs: I made more mix cds for the summer than I did any other time of year. It could be because of summer travel or just because I like singing along in the car with the windows down and scaring people in passing cars.
5. Mp3 Players: For me my mp3 player gets more use in the summer. More long walks (well there used to be) and more chances for exercise when the weather is good.
Tomorrow I make my last payment on my Citicard! That ends many years on debt management. I still have debt, but it is manageable now. I could actually pay most of it off, but I prefer to carry the balances so that I have cash on had in case anything else goes wrong.
And we know that in my life, EVERYTHING GOES WRONG!
So on a happy note, this month saw my stove getting paid off and this card getting paid off!
It is becoming increasingly obvious that I'm going to have to make some changes in my life soon. Mom and Dad both have poor health, and I've made a promise that neither will go to a nursing home unless it is absolutely necessary.
I'm looking into options to see if there's a way I can be a full time caregiver. I know it would cut my finances even further then they already are, but my mom's last hospital stay has kind of brought the problem front and center now.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't have to happen, because, well, my shot at having a decent retirement would go out the window, but then again, will social security be around in 30 years?
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat