Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats!
This week it is all about Lady Sugar Plum Von Buttonhead. She is our most temperamental cat. She looks mild mannered in these pictures, but don't touch her when she's not in the mood, cos her motto is "lick, lick, bite, bite, kill, kill." Yes, this sweet looking little kitteh, likes to draw blood! And believe me, I know it!
Every day it feels like the same thing. Work, clean, cook. I don't often get any time for myself. Not even on the weekend. I'm lucky if I can get to the gym a few times each week. Last week was a strange exception, I'm not sure how that happened, but I think I went 4 times! Yikes!
But all I want are a few hours to myself. Hours where I don't have to worry about cooking dinner, grocery shopping, medications etc.
I know it is too much to ask for right now, but I need it.
I guess I want a vacation....
A hotel room for me and my nook and a few other assorted books.
I've been really enjoying music a lot lately, though my iPod wouldn't attest to it. I watched Duets tonight and fell in love with John Legend and Jennifer Nettles. I love Jennifer to start with, but her partners in this show were fantastic.
John Legend has a voice like butter! I never really paid much attention to him over the years, but that will have to change now.
But since I was feeling the music today, I want to share the song that most fits the whole feel of today. No, its not another Zac Brown song..though I have to say, I've really been grooving on them. If you like James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett, you really need to check these guys out. Kind of scary combo, but there music is awesome!
1. Elvis Costello: Let's face it, his voice is not pretty by any standards, but I love it.
2. Gordon Lightfoot: His voice lies somewhere between folk and country. A beautiful Canadian twang.
3. John Lodge: Of the Moodies, John's voice is the most unique. Justin's voice is stunning, Ray had that lovely Celtic thing going on...even Pinder's voice had a tone that was familiar, not so with Lodgey. No one can sound like him...and no one can sing such strange stuff like Words You Say.....
4. Danny Elfman: Dark, brooding, moody and beautiful, that's my Danny. I miss him singing.
5. Martin Gore: This man's voice is incredible...and gorgeous..and thudworthy!
Weekends are the bane of my existence. I love them and I hate them. I get some extra time to get stuff done, but I never really get to relax. Weekends are all about running, and the holiday weekend is no different.
Things I need to do:
2. Shopping/pick up pills for dad
3. Work on reviews due by the end of the month.
4. Return library books.
5. Get to church, lest the priest comes after my sorry, going to hell, self.
6. Get the geraniums to the cemetery.
7. Find shovel so those plants get in the ground.
8. Weed the garden.
9. Plant the tomatoes.
10. Collapse from exhaustion.
They had a copy of The Woman In Black at my kiosk, so I grabbed it! I wanted to see the movie when it was out a few months ago, but getting out the house for the length of a film and the travel time is not an option for me, so thank god for DVDs!
~ Made dinner, which included Corn Balls. Check out my Wenches blog later for the recipe and photos. I'll try to have it posted tonight, if not tomorrow.
~ Rented One For The Money and New Year's Eve! It's a movie night in our household!
~ Actually visited some of the blogs on my f-list. I remember when I used to hit everyone's site in the morning. Now I'm lucky if I get places once a week. That is for the people that are still blogging. I guess blogging isn't as trendy now.
Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! From The True Book Addict
This week I have something special and unexpected.
The reincarnation of a cat.
When I started working at Petite Sophisticate around 1999 we took in a tortoiseshell tabby, who we called Itchy.
Itchy passed away from breast cancer in 2008, but she wasn't ready to go..so it seems she sent us Miss Callie who brought us 4 beautiful kittens
Because we are crazy cat people all 4 stayed with us eventually, but Cocolocowheats went with a neighbor for a few months, but then they couldn't keep her.
This is Coco
It seemed that Itchy was trying to come back to us very quickly. But it was not to be. Coco passed away from a rare heart condition on Dec 26th 2009.
There have been many cats coming in and out of our lives. This spring two young female cats arrived on our porch.
Today one of those cats came in and gave birth to 5 kittens. It was her decision. She walked in the house and would not leave. We set up a kittening box and within an hour she had 2 babies. By lunch time 3 more.
Mom's name is Itchy. It may sound crazy, but when you look at her, you can definitely understand why we call her that. Our Itchy has come back to us in a roundabout way, because we firmly believe she loved us to much to be gone for long.
You know the 24 hours have been rough when I skip a day of blogging.
Anyone miss me?
I didn't think so.
To make matters more interesting my dad woke up with a COPD spell. So we had the paramedics at our house at 4 am.
At least he didn't have to go to the hospital.
Thankfully Dr. Wingrove ordered him a prescription of Cipro as well.
Anything to ward off the evil ER!
I love Doctor Ung, but seeing him once a month is a bit much! I'd much rather be reading!
Speaking of reading, I've been doing a great job of that lately I've read 72 books this year! Can I get a woot for that? I've read a lot of ebooks too and library books. I love my library. I wish I loved my car dealership that much.
Yeah, I'm waiting to see the verdict on why the seatbelt and airbag lights keep coming on.
Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy!
It is Sunday so my rants will be of a religious nature.
1. I have a dream that one day people of the USA will be able to worship freely without someone ramming their beliefs down our throats, and that those beliefs will be kept out of our laws. I'm so sick of Christian values affecting things like abortion (I wouldn't do it myself, but it is a woman's right) and Gay marriage (Really, gays are ruining the sanctity of marriage? I thought it was all the billions not respecting their vows?)
2. If church choirs would actually make a joyful noise unto the Lord rather than a GODAWFUL SOUND. Our Music Ministry is headed by a girl fresh out of college, who thinks her middle aged crew of caterwaulers are sopranos!
Guess what chicky! They aren't! And even if they were...YOU DON'T WANT THEM SINGING THAT HIGH!
3. While we're discussing singing out of range, stop changing the sung prayers to versions that are too high for the choir/cantor and congregation to sing a long with.
4. Note to Father Jerry: Golf stories in relationship to the gospels = sleeping congregation when it comes to your homily. M'kay.
Have I mentioned the bees...in and out of the house. Exterminator told me if they do the job we'd have to leave the house for at least a day. How in the hell do you do that with a blind woman and a man on 24/7 oxygen? Oh and they may have to rip the wall apart? Just kill me now and put me out of my misery.
I found them at about 5 o'clock. We killed a bunch of them...
More came back.
I called beekeepers..
I called exterminators
I even called 911.
This is so not funny.
I'm so sick of bad stuff happening to us all the damn time and not being able to do a damn thing about it.
In the last few months my favorite reading material has changed.
Sure I still love a great romance, but somehow since Christmas, I've developed an addiction to cozy mysteries. I don't know if its the recipes and tips that most of these books include or the quirky characters and their pets, but whatever, I devour them like candy.
Right now two of my favorite authors are Leslie Meier and Joanne Fluke. (Joanne has the best cozy cookie recipes in her books)
Even the covers are cozy.
I like my reads light and fluffy, much like my tv programing. Give me a cozy mystery and a cup of iced mocha and I'm a happy girl!
I'm reading the Sugar Cookie Murder right now.
So what are you reading? And what is your favorite type of book?
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat