This week I thought I'd go with something a little silly, but fun for a topic.
Top 5 artists/musicians you'd marry in a heartbeat
Of course most of my answers involve artists that are already married. All the good ones are taken of course.
1. Elvis Costello - I love Elvis' geeky brilliance and his geeky everything else too. Plus I love a man with weird hat sense!
2. Paul McCartney - My first Beatle choice would have been George, but he's dead, so I'll go with Paul. (Even though I'd be miserable eating veg all the damn time. I would get skinny though...) Paul!! I need you! Paul!!! Notice I didn't say anything about his millions of dollars...
3. Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran: I don't really want to marry him, I want to go on shopping trips with him. I know he has a daughter...but I truly don't believe he really plays for our side.
4. Nick Lowe - What a handsome guy and he's even prettier in person. I like pretty.
5. Rob Thomas - How can you not like him? Pretty and a wonderful songwriter. Such a lovely combination. Plus I've heard he's an all around nice guy too.
When I wake up, well I know i'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next you When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you And if I haver up, Yeah I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you
Firstly you have to see the pure joy on David's face here even though he didn't get to meet them until both he and The Proclaimers appeared on Graham Norton. The Proclaimers are David's favorite band.
Like the footprints Disappearing from the sand I try to catch the thought It slips right through my hand And as the darkness Throws it's cloak upon the ground I start to run to you I've got to take you down I want to go deep
This is the Casanova song...yeah..definitely suits that film...
We aren’t scared of your masks or your cloaks ‘Cause we are wizards and are hearts are filled with hope With curses flying around, we’ll stand firm and hold our ground Our friends, they will fight with us ‘till you say bitter end but we say better and
You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
The obvious choice for Blackpool. Anyone that saw the opening scene with Peter Carlisle and the ice cream cone will understand completely
I saw you there, just standing there And I thought I was only dreaming yeah I kissed you then, then once again You said you would come and dance with me Dance with me across the sea And we could feel the motion of a thousand dreams
What a perfect song for Tennant's Doctor don't you think?
There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea. You became the light on the dark side of me. Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill. But did you know, That when it snows, My eyes become large and The light that you shine can be seen
I hate to say it because I hate Rose Tyler, but this is the perfect song
There are two reasons why this commercial is so wrong:
1. The nearest Baskin Robbins is about 25 miles away or more.
2. Stupid jingle gets stuck in my head for hours after hearing the commercial, which means its doing a damn good job @ trying to sell me ICE CREAM AND CAKEY CAKE!!! 15 seconds should not be that infectious!
The last time I was at Giant Eagle I discovered this really whacky new fruit. If you listen to its Wiki page its a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit.
All I know is that for $1.99 it was a very good fruit. I don't know that I'd pay that kind of money for it again. (No, I probably would..it was good) The name definitely suits it that's for sure. Its a very UGLY ugli fruit!
Don't believe me about the Ugli fruit? Well check out the fruit's website and then go to the market and look for one of these. Yes, you'll spend more than you would for anything else, but its really worth it to try something this unique!
1. Heart: There's nothing better than this classic rock band fronted by Ann Wilson with sister Nancy occasionally taking the lead. Its a shame the 80s and an industry that cares less about music and more about image pushed them away from recording in the last 15 years. I have heard rumors of a new album though and I do know they are touring again, so YAY!
2. Siouxsie and the Banshees: One of the 80s finest new wave/post punk/goth type bands. Siouxsie Sioux was and still is one awesome lady. Plus there's just way too much good music like Peek-a-Boo and Candyman to be forgotten.
3. Blondie: Debbie Harry, nuff said, right?
4. The Bangles: Mmmm I love the 80s and growing up, these girls were high on my list of favorite bands. Still love Susannah when she records.
5. Over The Rhine: GAH! this band is the love of my life. Gorgeous music. And a musical couple I forgot about a few week's back on this meme. I'm so ashamed that I did that.
When you start reading a book and about 40 pages in you realize that you read that book before, even if it was years ago?
I truly hate when that happens, because there are only a few books that I deem worthy of re-reading. That's why I'm having issues with the Harry Potter Series. I need to read books 5 and 7 but I know I'm going to end up reading all of them again so that the story flows for me.
But that doesn't bother me as much as picking up a random fluff novel and getting a third of the way through it only to have that feeling of reading deja vu.
I'm sticking with the old fluff novel though, because the next book on my reading list is Twilight and I don't know why I'm putting myself through that book. Its one of those books that you will either love or hate...and though I've always loved vampires I know that from what I've heard of the storyline so far, I'm going to hate this book with a passion.
So let's just say this little book I'm reading now is a piece in my procrastination puzzle. Its just a shame the fluff book I'm rereading couldn't have been a better one.
Yesterday we dropped Coco and Kit Kat at the vet so they could be spayed. They will only be gone 24 hours. In fact, after work today I'll be picking them up, but that doesn't make today any easier.
I wish there was an easier way to control the pet population. I wish putting an animal through a surgery didn't save them from unnecessary illness later in life.
A female cat that isn't going to have kittens is likely to get an infection of the uterus in her later years, and infection that will cost you a lot of money and result in her being spayed if you can afford the vet bills, so why not do it when the kitty is healthy and its cheap?
I'm only saying this because we didn't have our Itchy spayed until this happened. She was an indoor cat and all our males were fixed, so we didn't think it was necessary until it was almost too late.
That's what I have to keep reminding myself today while I'm worried about my two little babies.
I'll just be happy when my work day is done and I go bring my little ones home.
I finally got around to watching this show last Friday. In two episodes its become a favorite of mine.
In the last year, I went from a person that didn't like much telly, to a person with about 10 shows I adore. Most are on cable networks...or from other countries though. But Eureka is on SyFy...erm that should be Sci-Fi but the network is off its nut and wanted to be cute, so this is how they are spelling it these days.
But what I can't understand is how I missed out on this one for the most part 3 seasons without watching an episode until now!
At least I caught onto Warehouse 13 already. That's looking like its going to be a great show!
Weekend blogging seems to be getting later and later each week. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I do a lot of stuff for my music blog on Livejournal on Saturday morning. Plus lately I've I've been trying to get stuff done around the house.
You have to really understand the age of our house and my mother's pack rat nature to really grasp the frustration I have. Combine her pack ratty-ness with her inability to move about well, and well a good deal of the cleaning falls on my shoulders, and I hate cleaning.
It doesn't help matters that we don't have a house that would ever be part of House Beautiful or any other magazine. Its a simple 6 room, 1 bathroom house, an old town farm house. Nothing fancy, but it is my house, and I'm trying to get it into fairly decent shape, one step at a time.
I've made huge progress in the last two weeks. I really hope by Christmas that I can have pictures to share of the house, without being too embarrassed by the hovel that I live it.
1. Many a time music has kept my road rage from reaching the boiling point. No one wants to see me with road rage, believe me its not pretty. The world at large has Oingo Boingo to thank for that one. Many a time when I've been stuck in traffic, Insanity has kept me, well, SANE!
2. It has brought me joy in the form of new releases and concerts big, like Paul McCartney in the early 90s or the tiny Sarah Marince show @ Eat N' Park.
3. It has comforted me in times of distress and sorrow. I know it was unconventional but seeing the Nick Lowe concert the day after my gram passed away, took some of the grief away, even if it was only for a few hours.
4. It has given me inspiration. Back when I was really writing, and not just reviews music inspired the stories that I wrote. I wish I could be inspired like that again.
5. It has brought new friends in my life. I know several of my best friends now, I probably wouldn't have know if not for music.
1. My Elfslut Says column is up for the week, go read it and join in on the discussion there.Why? Because comments make me happy. And that journal is set up so even those of you without Livejournal accounts can leave comments.
2. I'm averaging an extra $45 a month doing CD reviews. Any extra money is good, is what I always say.
3. CD Baby updated their website and my wish list and shopping cart disappeared. I have no idea what I had in it except for one CD. Grrr.
4. If my paycheck isn't good tomorrow @ 9 a.m. I think I will have to hurt people.
5. Sending funds from Paypal back to your bank account takes too damn long! 3-4 days? WTF! My credit card payments are processed faster than that.
6. Coco loco nut has taken on the role of climbing kitty. We continuously find her on the door in the kitchen trying to figure out how to get down. Cats are good with up..lousy with down.
7. If you haven't checked out Over The Rhine yet, why haven't you? The have a new album coming out on their website. A live concert performance and for $19.99 and shipping you get the CD and the download. Must buy this!! Go to Over The Rhine.com and check them out.
8. I have a buy one, get one free coupon for The Gateway Clipper for a scenic cruise. I want to go, and someone better come with me!!
9. I need my vacation. I also need to get out of the 'roi! And I need to find some cheap places to go, even if they are day trips.
10. Doctor Who Planet Of The Dead was such a meh epi. RTD may have revived the show, but his stories are lousy and his finales suck. I do not look forward to Tennant's last episodes.
11. The neighbor's Sharpeis like my sister and I better than their owner.
12. Made 2 mixes of songs from movie soundtracks and scores. If anyone would be interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll share.
13. Back to school is taking over. That's not fair its only the middle of July! I hate how summer flies by. I think I've mentioned that before.
I guess as I'm getting older I care less and less about putting on more than foundation, powder and lipstick.
I mean who really cares?
Plus there's the added, no one ever sees me at work, and its not good for your skin to have too much of the stuff on when you are exercising.
I just can't be bothered.
People need to accept my natural beauty or just run away scared. (Most likely run away scared, but again, who really cares)
I used to spend at least 30 minutes slapping on my war paint, as so many men call it. What good was it?
None at all.
So for the time being, its just the basics for me, that will keep most people from running the other way when I'm around, but just little enough that I can retain my lazy morning routine, which is getting lazier by the minute
Sunday I went shopping, and because they had Tidy Cat on sale @ Giant Eagle, I bought a bag. The problem was it was a 40lb BAG. Most of the time Tidy Cat comes in plastic containers, which is why it costs so damn much. However it makes it easier to lift.
But I can't pass up $5.00 cat litter especially when its the kind that makes the unsavory task of cleaning the litter box easier.
Dumb dumb me, picks up the 40lb bag, without help.
Dumb dumb me regrets it on Monday when my shoulder tells me to go do rude things to myself.
Thank god for Advil! Thank god I had an errand to run @ work yesterday so I could stop @ Rite Aid and buy a small bottle of Advil.
I'm still a bit sore today but its nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday morning, when I was almost in tears and ready to hurt other people because I was in pain.
From now on...I take a boy with me when I buy cat litter!
I have a window fan in my room and it actually keeps my room cooler than if we have air conditioning, plus it doesn't make me sick. I can't be highly in air conditioned places for long it makes my stomach wonky.
The only problem with the fan is that bugs come flying in through the window and find me for their next meal.
Let's just say I'm really itchy right now.
My grandmother would say its because I'm so sweet. But we all know that I'm a sour puss! So why am I high on the food chain for these stupid bugs?
Its sad that I'm considering buying bug repellent to put on before bed.
I realize that part of the world hasn't watched the Children Of Earth mini-series yet, but I have to say: MEH. Russell T. Davies took a show that had quite a following and systematically offed any character that viewers liked.
This is truly not a way to make lasting TV.
I understand that its not the writer/producer/directors job to make everyone happy, but certainly they understand that people tune in for the actors as well as the stories.
With yet another member of the team...well DEAD and the other main character so freaking unlikable its hard to believe many will want a Series 4. I sure as hell don't.
Granted this was better TV than I've seen anywhere other than the USA network, but it was hugely disappointing too, because it wasn't the Torchwood that I've come to love during the last 2 series.
Sorry Uncle Rusty....you blew it...and please get your butt back to the UK, cos we really don't want you here.
Geeze its almost midnight and I didn't post, mostly because there's been so much to do. I spent the first 4 hours of my day assembling a cabinet for our kitchen. I know I've mentioned many times over that we have a very old house that doesn't have the niceties found in modern homes. No countertops. No cabinet space. Nothing.
So I bought a metal set of shelves @ Target and today, dad and I put it together. When I say dad and I, I say that loosely. Mostly dad just supervised and I put the damn thing together.
I think I got a better workout doing that than going to the gym.
Tomorrow I need to concentrate on a few CD reviews as well as some other things I need to get written.
Yup, another busy day.
I just want to sit around and chill dammit. Why can this not happen?
Tonight I'm going out of a reasonably priced meal and a free concert by the lovely Sarah Marince. For those of you not familar with her, Sarah is a young country singer from Pittsburgh who is working her way to the big time and she certainly deserves it.
I was first introduced to her music when I went to see Lady Antebellum last year at the Fayette County Fair. Now most of you know I like some country music. Mostly country pop, and that's what Sarah does, much like Taylor Swift. (Only so far she's not hanging with the Jonas Brothers)
I'm going to try to catch the show, write a mini-review for Mossip and take some pictures, which I'll share with you.
Where is the time going? Why can't I utilize it properly anymore. I have so much to do but I feel like I'm spinning wheels, trying to get in exercise, stuff at home, stuff for my community on Livejournal with the reviews I'm getting paid to do. I have one I must do this weekend and another coming shortly after that.
My only problem is there's a time when I have next to nothing to do, but I can't get that kind of stuff done then. Plus I haven't set my laptop up so that I can take it to work and at least listen to the music I have to review.
So my wheels just keep on spinning.
It doesn't help matters that it seems like something gets messed up as soon as I finish cleaning or fixing something else.
Its a vicious cycle and one I really can't stand.
Why can't I have a normal vacation like anyone else on the planet? WHY? WHY? WHY!
Having many cats in my life, I've learned a thing or two about them and collars over the years. The primary thing is "Cats don't like collars." If they have a collar, make sure that it stays on, because in 99.9% of the cases, if that collar comes off, they will never let you put it back on.
I've learned this through experience, even though I do have one cat that falls in the .1% of cats.
Every cat we owned started out with a collar and the collars stayed on for quite a while on each one of them, but when they managed to rid themselves of the offended piece of kitty clothing, it would never go back on. Well it would, but they just weren't having any of it. Anytime we tried to put it back on we were scratched or bitten.
Except Bootsie. But if you know anything about my big gray cat Bootsie, you will know that she's a little bit weird, which is probably why she has her collar back on now and I still have my limbs and most of my blood.
This week we will remember Michael Jackson: Tell us two "good" things you will remember the King Of Pop for.
Sometimes its hard to not say things about Michael Jackson's weirdness, but there was a lot more to him than that, probably more than any of us knew, so here are the two things I'll remember him for.
1. Being the kinda guy that had enough of a sense of humor to let Weird Al parody two of his hit songs, Beat It and Bad.
2. The music; particularly Thriller which was huge when I was in grade school. That was the album that everyone had to have. I even had a copy and I was never really a huge fan, but you can't take away the greatness of songs like Billie Jean, You Wanna Be Startin' Something and Beat It. His music shaped a decade and then some, and perhaps it was the music that ultimately brought about his demise.
RIP Michael Jackson, probably the person that needed peace more than anyone else in the world
I know you're thinking, WTF, summer just started, but I'm telling you its over. Even from the time I was a little girl I knew my b-day and the 4th signaled the end of the summer.
All the summer clothes go on sale now. In less than a week, you probably won't be able to find a bathing suit in a store, at least not until JANUARY! Yesterday @ Sears their swimwear was already 60% off! Plus once the 4th passes it always seemed like the rest of the summer just flew by and I was back at school.
So prepare for the next 8 weeks to fly by and for fall merchandise to start rolling into the stores, because summer is already over.
And just like the kid I once was, I feel a bit depressed that things start winding down now, even though they really have only just begun.
I finally have some weight loss motivation. What is it you ask? A really sexy little red and black dress I bought some time ago and lost. Of course now I don't fit in it. At this point I intend to starve myself until I fit in it and can go to some really cool place in Pittsburgh wearing it.
~ I'm crazy, yes?
I need motivation, lots of it.
I'm hanging the dress on my door so that I can see it everyday and perhaps it will keep me from craving the food that seems to talk to me when I'm bored.
Yeah, I'm a boredom eater.
Do you know what? I have a very boring life! Please hide the potato chips please? And those white cheddar cracker too.
~ When did Wendy's stop with their breakfast menu? I loved their breakfast sandwiches. Thanks to them not being open, I was forced into going to McDonald's. Blergh.
~ Managed to exercise for about an hour today. Happy Happy, Joy Joy
~ Got a butt load of cleaning done. Maybe by Christmas the house will look presentable.
~ Have totally fallen in love with Rob Thomas' Her Diamonds. Actually I'm totally in love with Rob, but he's married so lusting is just no fun. Damn all these beautiful men for being married ~shakes fist~
~ Went to Critter Country Animal Park and communed with my animal friends, had a hot dog and a happy afternoon.
~ Baby peacocks are beyond cute.
~ I'm having a huge "missing grandma" time right now. I don't know why, maybe it was some old pictures I found, but I've been crying like a baby lately. I want my grandma!
~ Beer Brats = Yum, Land Shark Beer = Happy Andrea
Here's my special b-day mix that I've been putting together every year. Hope you enjoy!
Tracklisting: Elvis Costello - This Town Gordon Lightfoot - Alberta Bound Cher - All Or Nothing David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight No Doubt - Don't Speak The Cranberries - Dreams Alison Moyet - Falling George Harrison - Fish On The Sand Jimmy Buffett - Fruitcakes Grey Eye Glances - Hey Love Julia Fordham - Hope, Prayer & Time Over The Rhine - How Does It Feel (To Be On My Mind) Rick Springfield - I've Done Everything For You Roxette - Joyride Madonna - Material Girl Icehouse - My Obession Limahl - Never-ending Story Cheap Trick - Never Had A Lot To Lose Duran Duran - None Of The Above Lady Antebellum - Slow Down Sister The Monkees - Someday Man Jonatha Brooke - 10 cent Wings Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Waiting Jimmy Somerville - There's More To Love Than Boy Meets Girl Heart - These Dreams The Beatles - Think For Yourself Paul McCartney - This One Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind (Acoustic) Erasure - Waiting For The Day Oingo Boing - We Close Our Eyes The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
As Years Go By: Elfslut's 35th B-day Mix (182 MB) Comments: This mix is comprised of songs I've loved and have touched my life in some way over the past 35 years. Its made of bands I've loved at some point, or at least had a small obession with. Whatever way you look at it, this is the music of MY LIFE!
Yup tomorrow's my 35th b-day, and thanks to payroll, I will not be taking the day off of work, and even more thanks to 4th of July falling on a f-ing Saturday, I won't even be getting Friday off.
How wrong is that?
So if I'm crabby tomorrow, please forgive me. I think I have a right to be, but I hate to think that because I have a day off everyone's paychecks will get screwed up and I don't want to have that on my conscience. Plus I like to know I have my own paycheck. So I'd rather work tomorrow than not have my paycheck on Friday, since all the banks are closed on Saturday.
It makes perfect sense to me I don't know about you.
1989/? - Nov 2, 2006
Sleep well sweet prince.
1993 - Dec 16, 2006
Sleep well baby girl
199? - July 21, 2008
Sleep well baby, Itch.
1995 - August 27, 2009
Purrbee was a nice little dog. Sleep well sweet prince
1993 - Sept 20, 2009
Mutchka: The Great Mutchcoweeo, he was always looking for food for his piehole.
May 17, 2012 - June 9, 2013
Blinky Mucker: My sweet sweet binky mucker, I love the Blinky Mucker
April 2, 2006 - Aug 29, 2013
Bootsie: Bootsietardalopasaurus, the invisi-cat