Wednesday What-Ifs and other Random Thoughts
Ok to start the day's blogging out, here are some rather odd yet amusing questions from the people of Wednesday What-If. Try not to expect any serious answers, cos these What-if questions are freaky this week.
1. What if you were offered the chance to travel back in time to stop yourself from doing something really stupid that you now regret having done?
I would so be on that. The only question is, what stupid thing am I preventing myself from doing? There are so many, I lost count years ago!
2. What if you could travel forward in time to see what the "you" of the future is like?
In a way I'd like to. To see if I'm still as cranky and bitter in the future as I am now. It would be great to have the knowledge that perhaps somethings worked out for the better in my life. On the other hand it could be just the opposite and I wouldn't want to come back to the present knowing that things can only get worse.
3. What if you could travel back in time to change one world event?
Oh send me to D.C. so I can stop Monica Lewinsky! Oh the trials and tribulations that we all could have been spared had she kept her big mouth shut. (oh I made a joke) Stop it Girl and for Godsake take the dress to the cleaners!!!
4. What if you could choose to relive a single day in your life over and over again, as much or as little as you want -- what day would it be?
Right now I'd have to say I'd like to live Oct 19, 2002 over and over and over.... Anyone who has to ask why...doesn't know me :D
5. What if you were offered the chance to travel forward in time and see your death -- the date, time, and cause?
NO! Hell no...I don't fucking hardly think so, NO!
Mix CD Swap
Come on guys..A little over a week left to sign up. I think the rules looked rather extensive when you look at it the first time. But let me simplify this.
1. The Mix CD should be a full cd 74-80 minutes of music that you enjoy playing while driving.
2. You'll be burning approximately 3 copies of the mix and one copy for yourself, of course.
3. Artwork is optional, but tracklists are a must.
4. Jewel cases aren't necessary, but if you are going to ship them in a jewel case I recommend the slim cases.
5. Help me out and spread the word in your blogs. That we this can be a success and we all get some great new music!
6. Just email me with your contact info. email and snail mail, that way I can get the groups together.
Some Songs to Think About
Big Yellow Taxi - This is a fantastic song that I was first exposed to by the Counting Crows. I have since learned to adore the original Joni Mitchell version. It's definitely worth a listen.
As Tears Go By - Another classic song, this one written by the Stones. Can you believe that. The version I adore is done by Marianne Faithful, it was recorded in the 60's and again in 87.
I Saw Her Again - I'm trapped in the 60's and 70's today. I heard this on the radio at 8:30 and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. For those of you that don't know, it's by the Mamas and the Papas
3 hours ago